News

FAFCI Checks Remittance:

First Lady provides funding to 1,500 women of Korhogo
President Alassane Ouattara has supported the First Lady, Mrs. Dominique Ouattara
President Alassane Ouattara has supported the First Lady, Mrs. Dominique Ouattara

Good news perspectives for women in Côte d'Ivoire. Indeed, President Alassane Ouattara, a surprise guest, on Saturday, July 6th, 2013 at the Municipal Stadium of Korhogo, for the checks remittance ceremony of the Support Fund for Côte d'Ivoire’s Women (FAFCI) ,was announced two other billion CFA francs, in the coming months, to the fund initiated by First Lady Dominique Ouattara. An announcement which reinforces the will of the First Lady, Mrs. Dominique Ouattara to see women take responsibility for improving the lives of families. Thus, 1500 women from the Poro capital and its region have received funding for a budget of 130 million CFA francs. In addition, always faithful to her commitment to the fight against the growing poverty among her sisters, Mrs. Dominique Ouattara visited Korhogo with hands full of gifts. Indeed, she has donated non-food items with an overall value of 200 million CFA francs. Gifts specifically to improve the lives of her sisters. Thus, she offered 20 rice and maize hullers, 300 sprayers, 50 motor pumps, 1000 watering cans, 500 wheelbarrows, 500 machetes, 500 files, 50 gardeners’ kits, 05 tarpaulin shelters, 1000 chairs for adults to help cooperatives and women associations in their daily activities. Then she offered hairdressing equipment, sewing equipment, 05 stoves, 05 freezers, 20 sewing machines and 10 helmets to women's centers in the region. To improve the education system, she also offered 100 geometric sets, 100 cartons of chalk boxes, 50 sports jerseys, 25 footballs, 85 rakes, 100 wheelbarrows, 100 brooms, 50 machetes and 36 files to the department’s primary and secondary schools.

First Lady Dominique Ouattara urged her sisters of Korhogo to union and solidarity
First Lady Dominique Ouattara urged her sisters of Korhogo to union and solidarity

The First Lady also offered games and equipment to different kindergartens, orphanages and educational facilities of the department of Korhogo. School canteens were not forgotten in the sharing of gifts. They also received their slice of the cake. Indeed, Mrs. Dominique Ouattara offered spoons, plates, cups, bowls and carafes to the various canteens of the department. In terms of health, 30 hospitalization electric beds, 30 mattresses, 16 medical refrigerators, 15 childbirth boxes, 15 dressing boxes, 20 baby weighing scales, 20 weighs for ground-up persons, 15 boxes minor surgery, 20 delivery tables, 20 gynecological examination tables, 100 Moses baskets and 300 incentive kits for prenatal consultation were provided to hospitals and health centers in Korhogo. The First Lady paid also a special attention to people with disabilities. In fact, she offered 10 tricycles with manual propulsion and 22 wheelchairs for the disabled. Finally, she gave 90 cardboard of cologne for babies. However, Mrs. Dominique Ouattara did not stop there. Because she offered in addition to these in-kind donations, cash donations worth 6.5 million CFA francs to the people of Korhogo. The total value of donations in cash and in-kind is : 206 500 000 F CFA. Korhogo women therefore received a rain of gifts. Moreover, they were keen to express their joy at their sister through dances and mobilization of feats days. President Alassane Ouattara congratulated First Lady. Dominique Ouattara for the success of the fund she has initiated. to help women in Côte d'Ivoire : "I am very happy to be with you this afternoon. I commend the First Lady and tell her how proud I am of her, " said from the outset. The first Ivorian shared his desire to see this project succeed to improve the lives of women. Besides, he goes further by revealing that women are a vital link to the development of the economy. Because, he revealed: "If you want to see some money grow, entrusted it o the women." He also promised a surprise to women if they succeed in this project in 2013.

300,000 women awaiting funding
 1500 women of Korhogo received an envelope of 130 million FCFA to finance their projects
1500 women of Korhogo received an envelope of 130 million FCFA to finance their projects

First Lady Dominique Ouattara, initiator of the Support Fund for Côte d'Ivoire’s Women (FAFCI), for her part, made an assessment of the project. In fact, she revealed that 9,000 women across the country have benefited from te FAFCI funding. "To date, we have been able to retain 6,000 projects that will help fund more than 9,000 women throughout Côte d'Ivoire. These 9,000 women either received or are receiving a training to enable them to have a good control of their activities, "she revealed. Continuing her balance sheet, the First Lady revealed that this figure is below the number of women waiting in the hope to benefit from the funds of the project. "Today, we have more than 300 000 women enrolled, awaiting funding and eager to benefit from the next FAFCI cash outlay," she revealed. For Mrs. Dominique Ouattara, the results offer hope for a better future for the poor. Moreover, she found that women who have already received their funding began repaying their loans. In this vein, Korhogo women, according to the First Lady, are at the top of the list. Taking this opportunity, First Lady Mrs. Dominique Ouattara thanked the UNACOOPECI, one of the microfinance institutions partner of the Fund, to have led brilliantly the disbursement transactions on the national territory.

The state of poverty among women
President Alassane Ouattara has supported First Lady Mrs. Dominique Ouattara
President Alassane Ouattara has supported First Lady Mrs. Dominique Ouattara

Anne Desirée Ouloto, Minister of Solidarity, Family, Women and Children welcomed the launch of the fund to help women since December 14th, 2012. For the latter, there's no shadow of a doubt, that this fund is the panacea that will enable women to escape poverty. Moreover, Anne Desirée Ouloto lifted a corner of the veil on studies that highlight the state of poverty of women in society. Thus, for Anne Desirée Ouloto, the growth could reach 20% in Africa, if women had equal access to financial resources as men. Putting her foot in it, she goes further. For her, the chances of survival of a child increase by 20% when his mother manages the family budget. Continuing, she revealed that according to former U.S. President Bill Clinton, women would carry nearly 60% of global work. They produce about 55% of global production. When they earn only 10% of global revenues and own 1% of the land. Revelations that are chilling and growing and which push Anne Ouloto to argue that in the specific case of Côte d'Ivoire, President Alassane Ouattara is the solution to the problems of Ivorian women. She finished by appealing to women: " There is no point in changing a winning team." Lanzéni Coulibaly, MP of Korhogo expressed his gratitude to Mrs. Dominique Ouattara to have established this fund for women empowerment. "The First Lady, for a long time, you are helping children. Today, you are helping women. In a few words, you are helping Côte d’Ivoire families. I pray that God will bless you and your husband, "he prayed. Mrs Gnabelé Salimata, UNACOOPECI spokesperson has, on her part, appraises the current state of the financing of women project by structure. Thus, she revealed that at the national level, it is a shell of 700 million CFA francs, which has been distributed among the beneficiaries of the fund. For the department of Korhogo, 1,500 women were given a budget of 130 million CFA francs. First Lady Mrs. Dominique finished her humanitarian tour, on Sunday, July 7th, 2013, by the City of Ferkessédougou where she will inaugurate a multimedia room in the Lycée Modern in Tchologo city.

Thème du dossier: